I. Tips to Stay Sober for Longer after Rehab Treatment
Rehab is actually supported living facility to promote safety and comfort for patients with addiction and to help them struggle with addiction and staying sober after rehab. It gives strong foundation of security and the tools required to heal and deal with addiction even after rehab.
Moving on after rehab is a very interesting period. But it may add new troubles when it comes to learn things to do after rehab. But all these challenges are worth for good habit benefits. Recognize your urges and learn how to manage such triggers to stay sober.
II. Sober Living Techniques
There are certain sober techniques that can help you manage or avoid urges for a long time –
• Get a Strong Support System – Get around with people who are living a sober life and those you like the most and who want to lead a successful life. Look for a support group or someone you are comfortable with.
• Bring Positive Change in Your Environment – Before you get back to your home, ask someone you rely on or your loved one to remove anything that can ignite feeling of interest on relapse.
• Set Goals for Future – When setting goals for future, it is a lot easier to manage your urges when they come. When you have feeling of why you like to lead a sober life and the benefits it provides, it is a lot simple to stay under control.
• Schedule Follow Up Appointments – If you have any of these appointments with your doctor or rehab center, stick to them. You may want to skip them or assume that you can handle your addiction yourself. But you should still get support from your healthcare providers to easily manage or avoid temptations.
• Be Thankful – Make a routine to be thankful each day to appreciate your sober life. Note down 5 things that make you happy every day.
Contact us for more information!
Ready To Seek Help For Addiction?
Call the Free Hotline Today
Programs Offered Include:
Dual Diagnosis Treatment